My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions!

All Posts

1 2
>
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Lithic , Location: The Last Bastion of Human Sanity Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 07:20 AM
    ----
Ok, it's been a loooong time since the CLOWNing and I still havent figured out what the heck I'd like to be called. I’d rather other people would have chosen for me to be honest, but since that doesn’t seem to fly right now I need your crazy suggestions (like I'll be getting any other kind :P). A few I have considered thus far are:

The Diabolical CLOWN - this being a reference to the fact that whenever I play WoW I get hits, hit, heals and whatever for precisely 666, literally have an entire screen of pasted together combat messages of these things Razz Plus the fact that I’m evil. No really, Gloom is the only one so far that has recognized this, but it’s true I’m telling you! It’s TRUE! Twisted Evil

The Diplomatic CLOWN - it's been suggested that I'm over zealous in my pursuit to keep people happy with each other and avoid putting blame to anyone for anything (Hitler did a lot of good things too, he did!).

The Unnamed CLOWN – as opposed to AN Unnamed one, poking fun at the fact that I just cant ever decide. Razz

Your suggestions and/or thoughts (should you managed to dig any out of the dark mouldy recesses of that overgrown melon you call a head) below please.

#2: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Lord_Finnish , Location: Finland Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 07:39 AM
    ----
The Confused CLOWN Very Happy

#3: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Ayreon Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 07:46 AM
    ----
Confused and Diplomatic are both taken if im correct.

Confused used to be Milena, and diplomatic was Balisarious.

If not, im sorry.

#4: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 08:09 AM
    ----
Pff. I say go with one of those you mentioned ('cept the taken ones, natch) and you can always change it later if it doesn't work out for ya Wink

#5: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Fezarus , Location: Somewhere small Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 08:09 AM
    ----
Get the person who knows you best to name you. Worked for me. Very Happy

#6: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 08:15 AM
    ----
Your parole officer? Very Happy

#7: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Crowbeard , Location: Oslo Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 08:21 AM
    ----
Why not just the "Stone CLOWN", since you use "Lith-" as start of every character name:-D (Lithic means Stony...as if you didn't know)

1. Main Entry: lith-
Variant(s): or litho-
Function: combining form
Etymology: Latin, from Greek, from lithos
: stone <lithology>

...or:
2. "Lithium salts are chemical salts of lithium used primarily as mood stabilizing drugs. They are also sometimes used to treat depression and mania." <---hirr, hirr, hirr:-P

...or:
3. refering to 666-numbers: The Hellraiser CLOWN...;-)

#8: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 08:31 AM
    ----
Lithic
Yeah I must admit when I think "lithic" I think of stonehenge and rocks and stuff. That's my awfully posh educashun torking there I think.

Thesaurus.com comes up with some interesting adjectives.
bouldered, craggy, flinty, hard, inflexible, jagged, lapidarian, lithic, pebbly, petrified, petrous, rock-ribbed, rockbound, rough, solid, stonelike, stony

Lithic the Rocky CLOWN <- 70's boxing flick lol
Lithic the Solid CLOWN <- dependable

Problem with rocky names is they're sometimes unflattering. Also would you say Lithic sums up your personality or is it like me in that you've just always used similar toon names and the origin has been lost in the depths of time Wink

Diplomatic CLOWN
Of course if Diplomatic is taken you could always use Conciliatory which has the advantage of alliteration, like Fez's clown name.

Diabolical CLOWN
Also demonic, devilish, diabolical, fiendish, impious, infernal, possessed, satanic, serpentine perhaps.

#9: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 08:42 AM
    ----
What about The Lithic CLOWN? No really, bare with me - once you choose your title you are stuck with it forever. Toon names may vary over time....

#10: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 08:45 AM
    ----
Ayreon wrote:
Confused and Diplomatic are both taken if im correct.

Confused used to be Milena, and diplomatic was Balisarious.

If not, im sorry.

The official CLOWN titles thread.

The Confused CLOWN, Milena UO 1999? SWE
The Diplomatic CLOWN, is still available. Balisarious is titled The Emissary CLOWN.

#11: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 08:47 AM
    ----
Adenas wrote:
Of course if Diplomatic is taken you could always use Conciliatory which has the advantage of alliteration, like Fez's clown name.

The Conciliatory CLOWN, Oolon WoW 2005 UK Wink

#12: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 09:09 AM
    ----
Gloom wrote:
The Conciliatory CLOWN, Oolon WoW 2005 UK
Hehe I never stay up to date with these things. Apologies Oolon Smile

Gloom wrote:
once you choose your title you are stuck with it forever
Not according to the Enclownopedia...

"All titles must be unique - there is a list of CLOWN titles already in use. A title is personal and can not be used by anyone else. A player can only have one (1) title at any given time. Titles can be surrendered/changed, in which case the old title will be free to be picked by another CLOWN."

#13: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 09:14 AM
    ----
Heh, true Adenas. I just wanted to scare Lith a bit Very Happy

#14: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 09:22 AM
    ----
I think the poor bloke is scared enough Very Happy

#15: Re: My CLOWN name, in desperate need of suggestions! Author: Torin Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:22 AM
    ----
How about:

The dontknowhowtobecalled CLOWN
The nameless CLOWN
The unidentified CLOWN
The unheard CLOWN

There are still a lot of possibilities there...

Forum IndexClown Hall

1 2
>
Page 1 of 2