New Server Online

All Posts
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: New Server Online Author: ClownCrier , Location: The Circus Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 09:32 PM
    ----
Hiya lunies.

We're now running on our new home, using new software on a new database on a new computer somewhere in the UK. Hopefully things will be faster now than they have been before - we'd love to hear your comments.

Please bear with us as we convert the various functions of the old website to this new one - things like the CLOWNish pic, random quotes and shoutblock should be back online shortly. Following that I will be looking at a forum upgrade and DKP software among other new features.

Stay tuned! And please leave your comments below.

#2: Re: New Server Online Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:24 PM
    ----
Woho! Looking good so far Very Happy

#3: Re: New Server Online Author: Hellsbells , Location: Norway Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 05:22 AM
    ----
So far alot faster than the old site Very Happy Looking good Yar good

#4: Re: New Server Online Author: Lightrunner , Location: Under a cork tree Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 07:24 AM
    ----
aye very slick..... and much better than that one you got me to test the other day..... *shudders*

the images are still in my head ...........AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

#5: Re: New Server Online Author: Lord_Finnish , Location: Finland Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 07:28 AM
    ----
works like charm

#6: Re: New Server Online Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 07:36 AM
    ----
A couple of bugs but I can iron them out.

- People who've changed their avatars to custom uploaded ones after a couple of days ago may need to change them again. This is because that's when I took a snapshot of the "files" parts of the site.
- Automatic email notification doesn't work properly yet - I think I need to reconfigure the server but a change I've implemented should be active soon and perhaps that will work.
- Queries for latest posts etc don't seem to work - I will modify them either this week or next.
- The icons for the guild bank list aren't displaying but I know why and can fix it.
- CLOWNish quotes needs reinstalling.
...think that's it at the mo. Maybe a few minor things.

A couple of new features planned for next week.

- Gloom's new page title logos.
- New forums with subforums, bugfixes and some extra features.
- Integrated DKP system for WoW.

#7: Re: New Server Online Author: Torin Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:41 AM
    ----
*sniff*

*Missing the button "Last Forums Posts".*

When thou have assigned it back, me would like t´ find it on a more highlighted place. (a central spot)

so that an old clown like me - can find it on th´ page much easier...

Rolling eyes

#8: New Server Online Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 09:15 PM
    ----
I'm sorry Torin, I can't find a similar block which works with the new software and server Sad I'll keep looking but in the meantime the New Posts link below might help.

www.clownguild.org/ind...d=newposts

On the main forum page, click "View Posts Since Last Visit" to see them.

Forum IndexClown Hall
Page 1 of 1