Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)
Sun Mar 31, 2024
Event Easter

Mon Apr 01, 2024
Event April Fools Day

Gloom: CLOWN Discord! check out details on CLOWN facebook !
23-Mar-2019 23:28:09
Gloom: https://www.facebo ok.com/groups/clow nguild/
23-Mar-2019 22:31:46
Gloom: Fallout 76 !!!
16-Dec-2018 01:22:10
Lavida: Any Clowns in Lords Mobile?
26-Sep-2018 07:56:39
Romano: Bring In The Clowns!!!
03-Sep-2018 21:37:47
Gloom: Rock ya
06-Aug-2018 16:45:24
Lavida: Hallo everyone long time no see ..
21-Jul-2018 06:15:33
cleo: Damn I miss you all.
16-Jun-2018 03:05:27
cleo: Ah they live!!
16-Jun-2018 03:03:00
Gloom: Here! Very Happy
09-Jun-2018 15:55:06
Shout History
Only Registered Users can Shout
Create/Login
Circus Forums › CLOWN › Clown Hall › Upcomming games?
Upcomming games?
General CLOWN Forum. Talk about anything regarding CLOWN and anything else.

1 2 3
>
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mc
The Pirate
The Pirate

Mc

CLOWN

Post Post subject: Upcomming games?
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 08:25 AM

G'day there ya rusty old pie,

A thought suddenly appeared in my head...one of which being what kind of pie I would eat next....but the main thing I was thinking about was...

Which games are comming up in the near or not to distant future? A game in which we kitty lovin lunies might once again draw arms & make rude gestures with our pie's?

[Thought it nice to start a thread of everything of what is out there, kinda nice to have a short and brief overview and offcourse input]

The pie is in your court.....throw damn it! Very Happy

- Black Jack Lee - The Pirate CLOWN
- Mclanahan - The Pirate CLOWN
Dehaek
A curious clown
A curious clown

Dehaek

Student of CLOWN

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 08:58 AM

New game: "Tabula Rasa", think it's released at least

Soon to come: "Hellgate: London", release at 30 october (ish)

Still some time to go: "Age of Conan" and "Warhammer A(something) R(something)", will be released Q1 next year

Don't think alot of clowns are playing Tabula Rasa. Seems like at least a few will play Hellgate and seems both AoC and WAR will have quite some playing them.

Age of Conan, Wildsoul
Dehaek - 40 Guardian
Gloom
The Elder
The Elder

Gloom

CLOWN
Administrator
Spirit of CLOWN
Supporter

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:15 AM

Theres alos an old game out there about two droids. Publish 7 (now on test center) looks really promising Wink

------------------------------------------------- I just love CLOWN! *thud* -------------------------------------------------
Mc
The Pirate
The Pirate

Mc

CLOWN

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:03 PM

A game about two droids..... *ponders*..... try to give a compelling arguement? Wink

Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of a LOTR mmorpg comming out aswell some time? (yeah i'm way to lazy to google it...*grins*)

I heard from a friend of mine that the new unreal seems to be interesting, anyone else here know more?

Gloom
The Elder
The Elder

Gloom

CLOWN
Administrator
Spirit of CLOWN
Supporter

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 01:21 PM

LOTR is out. You can download and try it for 7 days. I did. Seemed ok tbh but the two droids have me hooked for now Wink

I will prolly try Hellgate when released.

------------------------------------------------- I just love CLOWN! *thud* -------------------------------------------------
Haegl
The Caustic
The Caustic

Haegl

CLOWN

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 01:26 PM

LotRO is already out and is quite a nice game with some stylish touches. Content seemed a little light (there is only so many times I can kill Wargs in a new area and find it interesting) but no doubt this will get some loving as it gets older.

Vanguard, which is Crow's favourite....he died too many times in one night and never logged on again Smile It's effectively hardcore EQ, and totally unforgiving compared to WoW. Again, seemed a little like a grind fest.

Hellgate and Tabula Rasa both come out at the same time, around 30th October. Hellgate is more like a 3D diablo (allegedly), but other people like Saurz have played it, so they will be able to give a good review.

TR is good, and very BLAM BLAM gunsy. Fun, although it may have issues in terms of longevity. However, that said, we only have to wait for Q1 2008 for both WAR and AoC to come out, so it's not a bad little tide over.

I personally will probably look at Hellgate and see how many people are playing it as an online option (CBA with non-online stuff anymore) and also mess around in TR.

No idea on Unreal, but would be interested to hear.

Will Durant

A great many people mistake opinions for thoughts.

Herbert Prochnow
Gloom
The Elder
The Elder

Gloom

CLOWN
Administrator
Spirit of CLOWN
Supporter

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 01:46 PM

H, would be fun to hook up again in Hellgate (the online version). No idea about servers etc though. Perhaps Saurze knows?

Saurz
The Bloody
The Bloody

Saurz

CLOWN

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 08:37 PM

Atm there are 2 european servers, not sure how many it well on release.
Hellgate are a fun game and it will be even more fun to group up with people you know. When you group the instances get harder.
They are adding more items all the time.
Not sure if the guilds will be able to have some place just for the guild but I know you have to have a account where you pay each month to be able to create guilds.

Mc
The Pirate
The Pirate

Mc

CLOWN

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 06:28 AM

I've seen a couple of ingame Hellgate movies, but can't realyl decide on what I'm supposed to think about the game.

Is it purely just hack & slash the whole time in a grim dark world? I mean are there zones within the game where the sun kinda shines..? Smile

Because its darker than a coal miner's lunch kettle!

Any input? Smile

Moleman
The Casual
The Casual

Moleman

Supporter
CLOWN

Post Post subject: Re: Upcomming games?
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 07:06 AM

I'd like to know that too. =)

Haegl
The Caustic
The Caustic

Haegl

CLOWN

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 07:58 AM

Dunno....if its like Diablo, then probably yes.

Either way, release date is Nov 2nd (Friday) in the UK.

Will Durant

Herbert Prochnow
Saurz
The Bloody
The Bloody

Saurz

CLOWN

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:27 AM

Yes many things are like Diablo.
Update :
Hey everyone! Lots of great news here. Below you'll find details regarding subscriptions, our upcoming Patch 0, and our first of many Holiday/themed events. Enjoy!

Beta NDA Lifted

The NDA period for the general Beta test is officially over! THANK YOU all for being as good as you have been on this. Feel free to post, email, phone call, and alert your local news station about your play experiences!

How Our Beta Process Works

We wanted to take a few minutes to talk about how we run our Beta tests, the differences of and timing for getting builds out to the testers, and basically let you in on what makes our test tick.

Our development path is quite different from that of the vast majority of game developers. We utilize what we call an organic process, which is basically shorthand for our way of constantly iterating, tweaking, tuning, and making changes that are difficult to set months or years ahead of time in a traditional design document. When we get into the last 6 - 9 months of development time, this process really kicks into high-gear. We are making an immense amount of changes, both large and small, and if we tried to push these out to our Beta testing community, we’d literally be giving you new code up to a dozen times a day. Obviously, this isn’t going to be of any great benefit, so we wait until we have done a lot of internal testing and can batch changes into larger, meaningful updates.

We have a core team of testers on-site dedicated to working with our programmers and designers to give immediate feedback and address bugs in a focused manner. We also have a massive amount of testers at EA that work on builds that have been promoted as release candidates. When we get a patch release candidate that we feel is solid, we then promote that to being a Published candidate, and it undergoes patch testing. When we get something here that we like, we push it to you, the Beta testers.

What this means is that we are, at a MINIMUM, 2 weeks further down the road on the game than the testers see. Commonly, this time gap can be upwards of 4 weeks. We push hot fixes as quickly as possible, but please remember that we have also been working on numerous language builds, the single-player gold master, and of course, the fixes and features for our first day online – what we call Patch 0.

We know that it can be frustrating at times to hear that things are different in our internal builds than what you have, but it is just how timing has to work in order for us to meet all of our deadlines and make sure that the testing time we get with you is as beneficial as possible. Thank you all for the hard work, the hours of testing, and your continued support and excitement for the game.

So – how about some specifics?!

DX10 Update

The build of Hellgate: London which you are reviewing includes both DX9 and DX10 versions of the graphics library. The DX10 version of this build has a few known issues. They include a slow framerate compared to the same scene in DX9 and black loading screens. We’re currently working on a fix for the black loading screens. The slower framerate is due to the fill-rate intensive special features that only our DX10 engine has, including: soft shadows with proper contact hardening, depth-of-field, motion blur, interactive GPU-simulated fluid smoke, texture-array animated rain, and soft particles. The extra fill rate costs are mitigated by an initial depth-only render pass, which is now being tested and will be ready for release. When Hellgate: London hits retail, we expect the framerate of our DX10 target to be as high, if not higher than DX9, including these special features.

Multiplayer Updates – All Players

We are continuing to push both new multiplayer features and bug fixes to the Beta. Things that may or may not be in during their review time (depending on when they do it), but will be in by launch are:

Buddy Lists

Much better and easier ways to organize your friends!

Guilds

While only subscribers can start one, anyone can join a guild. Special name colors and tags on characters show their affiliation.

Buddy and Guild Chat

Special chat channels so you can keep your conversations clear.

Bigger Levels in Nightmare Mode

These increase the time players get to spend in each area, giving the game a more expansive feel at higher difficulty levels.

PVP

Players can both duel and elect to enter free-for-all PvP Mode. To duel, a player invites the person they wish to duel into a group, and heads into an adventuring area. Duelers, then right-click on the portrait of the person they wish to duel and select the Duel option from the displayed list. Dueling can only take place outside of Underground hubs.

Players can also choose to enter into PvP mode which means they can be attacked and harmed outside of Underground hubs by anyone else that has chosen to enter PvP mode. That is, those in PvP mode, must always be ready for PvP. This is a way to have wide-ranging free-for-alls, or create your own “friendly-fire” way of playing the game.

Tuned Game Progression

Level and monster progression is more thematic in nature. While this does not affect the overarching layout of the world map, it does make each act feel more defined and focused.

Gossip

We’ve added loads of additional details on the people and places in the game through various NPCs in the world. This definitely helps make the stations feel more alive and provides players with more of the back-story.

More Quest Information

Quest NPCs do a better job of getting you prepared to know what you’re fighting and why. The overall story flows much better, the named demons that are encountered are given more story weight, and players gain a much better sense of overall direction.

NPC Tweaks

The vocal responses given by NPCs have been tuned so that they tend more towards the serious and “normal”, reserving the twisted commentary for specific player characters or in rare moments for the general populace.

Subscriber Features

Elite Mode

This is for those players that always feel a game is too easy. The demons are tougher, deal out more damage, move faster, travel in larger groups, and have more champions at the ready. Numerous tweaks to the overall balance and progression of the game make this an extremely challenging mode.

Hardcore

Hardcore mode takes away the various resurrection options. For the gamer that wants the ultimate test, try playing an Elite Hardcore character!

Themed Events and Items

Halloween (October 31 – November 4)

Zombot - A special pet just for All Hallows’, this amalgam of meat and metal is sure to frighten and delight those players that are willing to put in the time to find all the necessary pieces in order to construct him.

All Hallow’s Visage - A Unique Helm that has not only very special properties, but as well a look unlike any other helm in the game. Ghost Rider would be jealous!

All Hallow’s Treats - Delicious and devious, these different candies do everything from temporarily boosting stats to temporarily altering the appearance of the devourer.

All Hallows’ Quests - There is a pair of special quests available, including one that is repeatable for continuous fun.

Nemo ~ Master of Festivities - This special NPC can first be found in Covent Garden Station to greet players and send them on their way with quests specifically crafted for the season.

Guild Creation

Buy purchasing a Guild Herald, a character can form a new guild. Characters can only be part of one guild at a time and should a Guild leader decide to abandon their post, they can pass leadership of the Guild to another subscribing guild member.

Achievements

These are long-term goals for players. The player starts with a few new goals in an Achievement Log. These can be as simple as slaying a certain amount of specific demons to something as difficult as completing quests without the benefit of armor! Players uncover new goals as they start to meet the requirements of that achievement. For example, after 50 zombies have been slain, an “Achievement Unlocked” message displays on the screen. Checking the Achievement Log shows how many zombies must be eradicated to complete the achievement. Rewards for completing achievements can be anything from reputation to tags on the player to special particle effects to items to special skills to – well, anything is possible!

Extra Character Slots

While everyone gets 3 character slots, subscribers can have a maximum of 24 characters.

Larger Stash

Each character’s storage locker is doubled in size with an extra 6x8 section, making the hoarding of all sorts of goodies that much easier. Packrats rejoice!

Founder’s Perks

Name Color

Forum Icon

More to come… (this will be an on-going area, as well)

Dehaek
A curious clown
A curious clown

Dehaek

Student of CLOWN

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:23 AM

They have released a (short) demo of hellgate a few days ago. But because the website sucks I can't find the official link atm. But you can get it at thepiratebay.org at decent speeds (it's 1.5 GB).

And yeah, seems like pure hack & slash (with some minimal crafting).

Age of Conan, Wildsoul
Dehaek - 40 Guardian
Gloom
The Elder
The Elder

Gloom

CLOWN
Administrator
Spirit of CLOWN
Supporter

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 04:20 PM

Saurze, Im downloading the Hellgate beta atm. Wich server are you on? Ingame nick?

Haegl
The Caustic
The Caustic

Haegl

CLOWN

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 05:15 PM

Gloom...have done the same, but it says the Euro beta is closed.

I will be on Sydonai when it pops up with the usual Haegl monica.

Sores....where are you?

Will Durant

Herbert Prochnow

1 2 3
>