Membership Questionnaire

All Posts

1 2
>
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: Membership Questionnaire Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 01:43 PM
    ----
The membership questionnaire on this site needs changing so it's less game specific, IMHO. We should probably retain game-specific questionnaires. Below are my suggestions...

Firstly I propose adding a question asking what games they play at the beginning. e.g.

What game(s) do you play most regularly?

Quote::
What is the name/class/level/spec/profession of your character?

This could apply to pretty much any game so can be left, perhaps modified a bit for my first question:

What is the name/class/level/spec/profession of your character in that game/those games?

2. Why do you want to join CLOWN?
3. Do you know a CLOWN member already? If so, who?
4. How old are you?

All OK.

5. Have you been in any other guilds?

I changed it to this earlier from "Have you been in any other guilds in WoW?".

6. If yes to Q5 which and why did you leave?

This needs rephrasing. They may have been in a guild in another game and still are. Propose:

If yes to Q5 which guild(s), and if you left, why?

7. What is your favourite colour?
8. Where and how did you hear about CLOWN?
8. Why do you think there are 2 questions eights?
9. Pies - Good or Bad?

Fine.

10. Do you have any other character(s)? If so, what class/lvl?

This is very game-specific already, perhaps make it more so by moving it to the beginning of the questionnaire.

Do you have any other character(s)? If so, what game/class/lvl?

To summarise my questionnaire would be as follows:

1. What game(s) do you play most regularly?
2. What is the name/class/level/spec/profession of your character in that game/those games?
3. Do you have any other character(s)? If so, what game/class/lvl?
4. Why do you want to join CLOWN?
5. Do you know a CLOWN member already? If so, who?
6. How old are you?
7. Have you been in any other guilds?
8. If yes to Q7 which guild(s), and if you left, why?
8. What is your favourite colour?
9. Where and how did you hear about CLOWN?
10. Why do you think there are 2 question eights?
11. Pies - Good or Bad?

Please post comments below.

#2: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 07:42 AM
    ----
Added a poll, and /bump.

#3: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 09:30 AM
    ----
Afaik the questionnaire was first introduced in SWG. Imho, it should only be used "ingame" whenever the regular recruting process for whatever reason(s) doenst work.

Adenas, do you suggest the questionnaire to be used as a standard tool when applying to the CLOWN community (regardless of game)?

#4: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 09:40 AM
    ----
No. Well, yes. Well, kinda.

There was talk some time ago of a "Guild Applications" forum and this was made non game-specific. The questionnaire from WoW was posted on there.

This is my attempt to update that questionnaire to make it less WoW-specific.

Are you saying we shouldn't have an application process on the site?

#5: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:12 AM
    ----
"application process". Mmm. Taste it again - application process. Such a process would of course take forever as papers would be lost and those not lost would be messed up with pie-stains Very Happy

Seriously, a forum for game specific applications is imho a good thing, ie one app forum/game. An overall app forum would not since games differ and we'd be forced to game-alize the questionnaire.

Least imho Very Happy

#6: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:42 AM
    ----
Hmm. We already have an applications process and there are rarely any papers involved.

I think applications forums per game would be an administrative nightmare not to mention a problem if/when people start leaving the game and there's no-one to read the forum and reply. And how many game-specific questions could there be, really?

I do think we should have an in-game applications process and not just this site and that these would have more game-specific questions, but think we should only have a general questionnaire on this site if at all possible.

#7: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:00 AM
    ----
One forum works atm, or as long as there is only one major clown infested game.

#8: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:40 AM
    ----
OK, but shouldn't the questionnaire on that forum be changed to be less WoW-specific, or...?

#9: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:56 AM
    ----
Heh, if I were to recruit people Id want a questionnaire to have both general and game specific questions. But then again - thats me Very Happy

#10: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 06:09 AM
    ----
Thinking about this I think we should retain the applications section but have template questionnaires for each game where there is a clown guild, posted as stickies.

What does everyone think?

#11: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Kiba , Location: Dutchland Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 06:32 AM
    ----
imo, questions are mostly useless, everyone can answer questions and come out looking "good".

In the end the test and way of finding out someone's true colours is by playing with them for some time.

Anyways i would say add a question about his RL situation:

occupation / location etc

[Edit]Ugh i read over Q(6)... >.>

Anyways few more general questions about his RL would be good imo[Edit]
Last edited by Kiba on Wed Jun 21, 2006 08:38 AM; edited 2 time in total

#12: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 08:23 AM
    ----
Adenas wrote:
Thinking about this I think we should retain the applications section but have template questionnaires for each game where there is a clown guild, posted as stickies.

What does everyone think?

Sounds like a good idea Adenas.

#13: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Lightrunner , Location: Under a cork tree Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 09:13 AM
    ----
I think you'll need some questions that are relevant to the game in question.

SWG, WoW and EVE for example would all require some very specific questions that don't translate into the other games.

But there will also be some generic questions, almost just fact finding questions that'll probably always be common.

#14: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 09:15 AM
    ----
I will set up a new system with a FAQ explaining what to do and a sticky post containing a questionnaire for WoW. People involved in other games like UO and EVE should post their own questionnaire if they feel CLOWN requires it there and Gloom or I will make it sticky.

#15: Re: Membership Questionnaire Author: Lightrunner , Location: Under a cork tree Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 09:21 AM
    ----
sounds good
Not sure there's a need for anything in EVE yet as there's only three of us and no Clown Corp.... but there might be one day ..... muuuwaaahhaaaaahaaaaaaaaa

oh... pie van's here!
(actually it's really the soup van but it sells pies)

Forum IndexClown Hall

1 2
>
Page 1 of 2