The official suggestion thread!

All Posts
<
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
>
Forum IndexClown Hall

#91: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 06:47 AM
    ----
Adenas, is there an easy way to transfer the old pics (old site) to this site?

#92: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 06:51 AM
    ----
Nope but I have them all downloaded so should be able to batch upload them sometime soon. If I just shove them into a new gallery then we can sort them later at our leisure, I think Smile

#93: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 06:53 AM
    ----
Ah, k. Upload em and I'll sort/edit em asap then Very Happy

#94: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 07:01 AM
    ----
OK think they're kinda split into galleries already so I'll try and upload them to the right place where possible.

#95: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 07:21 AM
    ----
OK all uploaded. You can sort into new galleries as required Gloom - I think I've got em all Smile

#96: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Lightrunner , Location: Under a cork tree Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:50 AM
    ----
Not sure if it's been mentioned, or even whether anyone else cares.... but in a perfect world I'd like to be able to 'turn off' the left and right side bars so that the main central bit was as wide as possible

all part of the discrete at work approach Wink

I'll show you what i mean if you want Ade

#97: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:01 AM
    ----
I know as an admin I can do this but it's a global site-wide setting. Not sure whether I can get a module or something which will do it. I'll look into it.

#98: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Mc , Location: The Netherlands Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:13 PM
    ----
Oh another small thing, when inserting a url to another site in a forum message. The text that is clickable should be in a slighty different colour in my opinion. It would make it more clear as to where to click in the text?

#99: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Lightrunner , Location: Under a cork tree Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 02:31 PM
    ----
would it be an option (and I'm already guessing at the reply) to have the side menus appear at the top and/or bottom.

The human eye track better left to right rather than top to bottom and at the moment I feel that the bit I want to look at is bracketed by bits of info that I'm not going to use.
Also when I do look to the sides i.e. Shout, it feels like it would be more accessible if it was a wider box/window.

On the flip side the site is looking tickety boo.. have clicked around more than I should have recently and have found it very nice to use and relatively intuitive Smile

#100: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 02:54 PM
    ----
Light: Why didn't you suggest all these things when, I dunno, the site WAS IN TESTING!!!! Very Happy

I don't think we can put boxes at the top and bottom of any page except the main one which loads up when you go to www.clownguild.org, but I've been known to be wrong so I'll find out.

Re: your other point of hiding the sidebars, yes it can be done and I'll implement it on Wednesday evening sometime I guess Smile

Mc: Yes I'll edit the stylesheet to change the link colour a bit.

#101: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Lightrunner , Location: Under a cork tree Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 06:31 AM
    ----
sorry Ade.... I did click around it while you were testing but it's only after I try and USE it for a while that I've realised the things that I find frustrating or less useful Smile

#102: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 06:48 PM
    ----
OK Light - there are now +/- buttons to show/hide the left and right sidebars.

Mc - Had a look at the CSS and tweaked it a bit so links show up differently - like: www.clownguild.org

Doesn't work if you don't use the URL BBCode tags though for some reason... can't really be bothered to work out why. Hence just writing www.clownguild.org doesn't come up the same colour even though it's also made into a link by the site.

#103: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Lightrunner , Location: Under a cork tree Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 05:42 AM
    ----
Now that's what I call service!

hmm..... need to think of a more tricky mod.... where's the 'deliver pie' and 'deliver soup' button?
Is it possible to get one of each button that when I press it the site does a level 3 deep scan of my frontal lobes and determines which pie / soup would best suit my needs and place the appropriate order with a local company.... with delivery details abviously!

#104: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 05:47 AM
    ----
We already have it, but it's an admin function Smile

It says... chicken Smile

#105: Re: The official suggestion thread! Author: Plague , Location: Bottom of a pint, in a pub, somewhere in Wigan, England Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 04:10 AM
    ----
Fresh sugestion, how about creating a CLOWN comic forum or link on the page, cause thes comic pages are loking great.

Forum IndexClown Hall
<
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
>
Page 7 of 9