Xbox360 or PS3 ?

All Posts

1 2
>
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 07:54 PM
    ----
As the kids *cough* *cough* soon enough will demand one I might as well look into the matter. Pros and cons with each brand? Anyone care to share your findings?

#2: Re: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Sequel Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 08:17 PM
    ----
Hey G, how's tricks?

Don't know a massive amount about 360's, me and a bunch of mates all have PS3's and it's a brilliant machine. Mostly due to Blu-ray which for me gives it the edge over the 360. I know they're both media centres which is handy, don't know about the 360 one but the PS3 one is dead easy to use and works like a charm.

For games they're both about even except over here in the UK Xbox 360 games are about £10 cheaper on average than the PS3 and there are more titles available so if your getting it just for games i'd prob go with the 360, but if you want a fully kitted entertainment centre i'd say the PS3 wins it purely for the Blu-ray option.

And anyway, if your getting it just for games and especially if it's for the kids, give em both a miss and go for the Wii. I've had mine for over a year now and I still think it's the most fun, some of the games are just sheer genius even without the graphical edge of the other 2. Very Happy

#3: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 08:28 PM
    ----
Heh, Squeeeel!

Im doing fine thnx. Seems you are too. Good to hear Very Happy

Cheers for the input. Did it make me any wiser? Nope..haha

#4: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Lord_afghan , Location: Gothenburg Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 09:08 PM
    ----
iv got a ps3 - i bought it for the blue ray + i have loads of old ps2 games.

(new ps3 version can NOT play old ps2 games though - mine can Wink )

if you purley want to get it for games - id actually would buy a Wii!!! - true!

those types of games that you like - are so much better on a PC anyway, and wii is great on arcade type of games.

thats my 2 cents.

#5: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Lord_Finnish , Location: Finland Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 09:17 AM
    ----
I'd have bought Wii for games too

but

I did buy PS3 for its versatility.

#6: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Corny_The_Loonie , Location: Brussel, Belgium Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 04:27 PM
    ----
PS3 great for graphics + Blueray => You need a high definition telly otherwise it's useless.

Wii great for fun games in group

#7: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Pagor , Location: Strängnäs Södermanland Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 06:30 PM
    ----
Ordered My Nintendo Wii today

#8: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Torin Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 02:52 PM
    ----
Never thought about game consoles... - never wanted one...
... as i have my computer i stuck to that one...

My wife always tells me i play to often....!

So in Februar the following dialog happend....

My wife: Darling, what you think about game consoles....?
Me: hmm, dont need one..., all thoose people who got nothing to do have one. And i really think they are boring.
My wife: I want one!
Me: Huh? - Sorry i fear dont understand?!?
My wife: Come on, i want a game console. - Go and buy one!

Well, if you would know my wife, you would been shocked like. - Needed at least 3 hours till i blieved, what i heard.

Bought a Nintendo Wii, as i found that to funny, who the old asians played with the Wii (Wii fun)

So remember... - wives are loving Wiis.

And like Monty Phyton says...
... something different...

(Agreeing with Lord_Afghan and that happend not often.... Shocked )

#9: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Zatan , Location: Sweden Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:08 AM
    ----
First I want to say: OMG Torin.. long time no see Smile

and second..

I have a Wii and a PS3, love em both Smile

I would NOT buy a Crap-box that´s for sure...

#10: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Lorm Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 05:45 PM
    ----
IMO 360. You can flash it! Wink

If you don't like to download games, go for ps3 with blue ray Smile

#11: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Blade , Location: Pie Capital Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:07 PM
    ----
PS3 IMO!!
dont have any of them myself tbh with ya but played them all!!

Xbox is good for pure gaming but now days its mostly FPS games

Wii is jst amazin you can create your own family on it play ridiciously funny games great for parties Razz and good for keeping in shape Wink

However i know more about the PS3 and well games = brilliance, blue ray always a good sign + in the near future wo needs a didgital box when you have 4Play with is basically freeview for the PS3 so you can enjoy games in high def and have all ur favourite channels all in one =]

Yours Truely Blade

#12: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 07:57 AM
    ----
Bought a PS3. Currently playing Lego Star Wars with the kids - its a lot of fun Mr. Green

#13: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Mc , Location: The Netherlands Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 08:43 AM
    ----
I'm tempted to buy a PS3 as well now.....also due to the fact that it has the blue-ray system. And of course all the great FPS games in high def Mr. Green

But...I will nibble on my pie a bit more before I make the decision.

#14: Re: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Millhammer Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 07:03 AM
    ----
glad i popped on here now - i was thinking of ps3 or xbox too - not a wii for me as i got a new fangled HD tv recently and it's supposed to make games damn good wrt ps3/xbox fps games i want to try - wii is brilliant but as you said above its group orientated and not aimed at weirdos like me sitting in the dark alone with a beer killing aliens and stuff

#15: Xbox360 or PS3 ? Author: Lithiana , Location: Copenhagen Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 07:28 AM
    ----
Milhammer!!! Long time m8!

I would go for PS3 based solely on potential games in the future, as they are a lil bit slow at developing for the new platform. But when they do, it looks dead cool!

Forum IndexClown Hall

1 2
>
Page 1 of 2