CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT AUG 2007 !!!

All Posts

1 2 3 ... 27 28 29
>
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT AUG 2007 !!! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 07:45 AM
    ----
In 2007 CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy! We will ofc have one hell of a party/event.

The town crier announced - "Hear ye, Hear ye! The CLOWNs are coming!" Curious people gathered to watch whatever spectacle he was jabbering about. Shortly you could hear cheerful laughter and shouts as the parade came around the corner. Balloons and funny hats were handed out to the children. Suddenly the parade stopped and the red-nosed participants chanted - "Bring in the CLO-OOO-WNS!" The watching crowd disolved, everyone a tad bit happier and warm inside. What a bunch of lunies, most of them thought and smiled.

A meet has been announced since aug 2006 so all and everyone could plan ahead/save money. Please reply to this post if you are interested/planning to participate.

Stay tuned for more details over the coming months...

Year: 2007
Date: Aug 17-19
Place: Gothenburg, Sweden
Equipment: CLOWN nose, pie and beer

Wheather forecast
Somewhat cloudy and perhaps a tad rain. Sorry lunies Sad

Program
This is ofc under construction, but there will be organised events throughout the celebration. Original idea is to have a fri(arrival)-sun(departure) event. This could ofc be changed.

Friday Aug 17
09.55 The Brits arrive at Säve. They will be picked up by Hefaistos.
13.00 We meet by the fountain in Brunssparken to have lunch at Palace (those interested and in town).
14.00 -18.00 Free activities (you might want to eat before heading to the biker club. see below)
14.15 Sequel arrives at Landvetter. He will be picked up by Gloom.
18.00 We gather by the fountain in Brunnsparken and travel by bus to the biker clubhouse in Västra Frölunda.

Bus 50 (towards Frölunda Torg) from Brunnsparken, platform L. Dep: 18:09 Arr: 18:27 (and then every half hour)
Bus 83 (towards Sisjön) from Frölunda Torg, platform K. Dep: 18:30 Arr: 18:36 (Agust Barks gata)

19.00- The clubhouse of Flintstone MC (Ulvs biker club - August Barks gata 26/27) will be ours to use for the night. There are cheap beer & sandwiches in the bar. It is suggested you eat before heading there if you think you'll starve from sandwiches.
22.40 The Belgians arrive at Landvetter. They will be picked up by Hefaistos to be transported to IBIS and then straight to the party.

Returning "home" is another piece of pie. There is a gap between 02:50 and 05:50 (the clubhouse is situated in an industrial area).

Buss 83N (towards Frölunda Torg) from Radiomotet, platform E Dep: 02:52 Arr: 02:57 (extra charges after 24.00)
Buss 50N (towards Kallebäck) from Frölunda Torg, platform F Dep: 03:00 Arr: 03:18

Between 02.50 and 05.50 we're forced to using cabs.

Saturday Aug 18
-12.00, Free activities
12.00-15.00, Softball (aka Brännboll) in Castle forrest (aka Slotsskogen) wich oddly enough doesnt contain a castle! (We will bring several cases of beer - no worries. There are foodstands and cafés in the park if you get hungry)
15.00-17.00, free activities (change of clothes prefered before we head to the Darkmoon faire)
17.00-19.00 Silly contests (aka femkamp) at the Darkmoon faire (aka Liseberg). (about 60kr entrance fee & 60kr contest fee)
20.00-XX.XX, The big CLOWN showdown. Dinner, beverages and music at Hard Rock Café. Check the following link - Hard Rock Cafe Group Menu - and decide among Group menu 1 through 6.

Sunday Aug 19
-12.00, Free activities
12.00-13.00, Brunch at Joe Farelli's (from about 100kr)
13.00-, Free activities

Important phonenumbers
In emergency 112
Gloom (aka Henrik) +46 704 20 86 17 (mobile)

MENU choices
Its important everyone decides what courses to have, else we can not make a reservation for 20 people! Check the following link - Hard Rock Cafe Group Menu - and decide among Group menu 1 through 6. CLOSED

Menu1 (16/16)
Adenas
Gloom
Lord Affie
Hellsbells
Farwan
Moleman
Ulv

Menu2
Adenas GF

Menu3
Corny
Levina
Sequel

Menu4

Menu5
Ciar2001
Saurze

Menu6
Autowash

Not eating
Lightrunner
Lithiana

As we are geting close - please confirm/unconfirm your presence!
Attendees [name, nationality, needs accommodation, to hit]:
I'll add people to this list, % is how likely it is a person shows up

Confirmed
SWE
Gloom (100%)
Saurz (100%)
Lord Afghan (100%)
Levina (100%)
Sascharim (100%)
Moleman (100%)
Ulv (100%)
Thoram (100%)
Nexus (100%)

UK
Adenas stays at Ibis, (100%) arrives 09.55am Friday the 17th of August at Säve
Adenas gf stays at Ibis, (100%) arrives 09.55am Friday the 17th of August at Säve
Ciar stays at Ibis (100%) arrives 09.55am Friday the 17th of August at Säve
Lightrunner needs accom ?, (100%) arrives xx.xx X-day the xxth of August at Säve??
Sequel needs accom ?, (100%) arrives 14:15 Friday the 17th at Landvetter

NOR
Hellsbells stays at Sachs (100%) arrives 16.54 Friday the 17th of August at the central station.

BEL
Corny stays at Ibis (100%) arrives 22:40 Friday the 17th of August at Landvetter
Autowash stays at Ibis (103%) arrives 22:40 Friday the 17th of August at Landvetter
Farwan stays at Ibis (100%) arrives 22:40 Friday the 17th of August at Landvetter

DEN
Lithiana needs accom ?, (100%) arrives xx.xx X-day the xxth of August

Unconfirmed
SWE
Brynhilde (75%)

NOR
Raine needs accom ?, (100%)
Tennung needs accom ?, (100%)

Personal accommodation
I'll add people to this list if you are willing/able to to host fellow lunies
Lord Afghan (plenty of floorspace, bring your own mattress)
Sascharim (bring your own mattress and I can host 5)

Hotel accommodation [Scandic Crown]
Ulfberg might be able to set something up. More details to come.
As we get closer to the showdown I will help those that want hotel accomondations with arrangements.

Trams and busses:
The easiest way to travel in Gothenburg is to go by tram or bus. You can buy a 24h ticket (free travel for 24h - not during the night though) for 50 skr (valid within the city of Goth). A single ticket is in comparison about 20 skr. If you plan on traveling outside of Goth (to see other things such as Marstrand) there are other more suitable tickets. The 24h tickets are bought at almost every Pressbyrån and now actually even on the trams (vending machines).

Tourism
I'll add useful links to this list
Visiting the City of Gothenburg
Gothemburg
Liseberg (Darkmoon Faire)
Marstrand

Some hotels
Booking site - several hotels
Booking site 2 - several hotels
IBIS Hotel - a cheap floating hotel located downtown
Mini-Hotel - hostel, bed & breakfast
Göteborg Hostel - Modern city hostel
Hotel Eggers - downtown
Hotel Robinsson - cheap hotel downtown

Badges
An exclusive button badge will be given to all attendees. See this thread for more info.

Former RL meets
Former CLOWN rl meets
Last edited by Gloom on Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:25 AM; edited 161 time in total

#2: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:26 AM
    ----
I don't mind when it is, but the earlier the better as far as I'm concerned as then I don't have to wait as long Smile

Put me down as definite whatever.

#3: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Sascharim , Location: Sweden, Göteborg, Kungsladugård Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:27 AM
    ----
Attendees [name, nationality, to hit]:
Sascharim, Sweden (99%)

Personal accommodation [name, guests/bedspaces]
Sascharim, 0/2 (bring mattress and i can host up to 5 ppl)

Tourism
Guided tours of Gothenburg and Balltorp can be arranged Smile

#4: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:29 AM
    ----
Oh and you can add this informational link about Gothemburg, Gloom Smile

Gothemburg

#5: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:37 AM
    ----
Adenas wrote:
Oh and you can add this informational link about Gothemburg, Gloom Smile

Gothemburg

Thnx Adenas, done Laughing

#6: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:42 AM
    ----
Er you do realise my deliberate mistake yeah? Smile From the article:

Quote::
The unique architecture of Gotham City can be traced back to Judge Solomon Wayne during the pre-American Civil War era. Wayne's entrepreneurial skills made him a leading citizen in Gotham, starting a dozen businesses including the Gotham Buggy Whip Works.

CLOWN trip to the Gotham Buggy Whip Works!!!

#7: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:45 AM
    ----
Gloom wrote:
Sascharim, 0/2 (bring madrasses and he can host 5)

Will any curry do or is Madras the only one acceptable Very Happy

Sorry work is boring today after Vikingland Sad

#8: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:47 AM
    ----
Adenas wrote:
Gloom wrote:
Sascharim, 0/2 (bring madrasses and he can host 5)

Will any curry do or is Madras the only one acceptable Very Happy

Sorry work is boring today after Vikingland Sad

Haha, what can I say. Im a pig-eating swede. Spelling corrected Razz

#9: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:50 AM
    ----
Gloom wrote:
Haha, what can I say. Im a pig-eating swede. Spelling corrected Razz

Well I'm a pig-eating Brit and can't even spell in English half the time let alone Swedish, so I'm not one to talk Smile

#10: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Saurz , Location: Alingsås Sweden Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 08:55 AM
    ----
Attendees [name, nationality, to hit]:
Saurz, Sweden (100%)

Personal accommodation [name, guests/bedspaces]
Saurz, can host up to 4 ppl, live 45km outside Gothenburg.

Event :
Pie Throwing on Avenyn Gothenburg Laughing

#11: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Morri , Location: UK Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 09:29 AM
    ----
This is something Slinver and myself really want to attend, put us down as 50% atm.

How long are you planning to hold everyone hostage? Very Happy

August would be better for us.

#12: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Raine Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 09:32 AM
    ----
I'm in Smile

Raine, Norway (100%)

need a place to crash Smile

#13: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 09:33 AM
    ----
Morri wrote:
This is something Slinver and myself really want to attend, put us down as 50% atm.

How long are you planning to hold everyone hostage? Very Happy

August would be better for us.

Lovely!

Im aiming at 3 official days atm (one for arrival, one full day, and one for departure), could ofc change due to the interest, demands, suggestions and wishes Very Happy

#14: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Lithic , Location: The Last Bastion of Human Sanity Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 01:28 PM
    ----
I'll be there if at all possible! Since crap might still show up I'd guesstemate the probability of me showing up as 95% (5% reserved for deaths in the family, cataclysmic events or divine intervention). Will need accommodation if possible (hell if it's not I'll get a youth hostel or something ;)).

#15: Re: CLOWN celebrates 10 years of lunacy - RL EVENT 2007 !!! Author: Ulv_Vidfare Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 02:00 PM
    ----
Count me in!!!As for sleeping place, there were about 10 ppl staying at my placelast big meet,was a bit crowded but we are all CLOWNs so the door is open Smile
Some rules apply tho: your coats are your own responsibility and brother-in-laws that dont behave will be thrown out!!! Wink

Forum IndexClown Hall

1 2 3 ... 27 28 29
>
Page 1 of 29