Possible Solution ?

All Posts

1 2
>
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: Possible Solution ? Author: Pagor , Location: Strängnäs Södermanland Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 02:06 PM
    ----
I have an idea about all of this were talking about now.

We hate being "over runned" bye others (in this matter many disagree with the council about sasch)

Here it comes

"council will decide if someone behaves badly and then post here on clown site, what has happend and so on and so on" They talk to the person/s and see what has happend (talk to everyone involved) if they think this is a call for being kicked/demoted they set up a VOTE on this site about that matter.

The voters are clowns us that is and not only council.

Then everyone can decide what happens to him/her.

Any input is gladly taken here.

#2: Possible Solution ? Author: Lithiana , Location: Copenhagen Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 02:14 PM
    ----
/sign

#3: Re: Possible Solution ? Author: Sascharim , Location: Sweden, Göteborg, Kungsladugård Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 02:51 PM
    ----
aye Pagor, thats the way to adress issues like this imo

#4: Possible Solution ? Author: Slinver Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 02:55 PM
    ----
Makes a lot of sense Smile

This cannot be Pagor posting!! Who hijacked his login!?!?! Razz

#5: Re: Possible Solution ? Author: NeXuS , Location: Sollentuna Sweden Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 02:56 PM
    ----
i like this to

#6: Possible Solution ? Author: Pagor , Location: Strängnäs Södermanland Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 02:59 PM
    ----
lol stfu both of you !

No lets let the WHOLE comunity decide .

Both council will feel a lil better and all others aswell, cause how easy is it to judge a friend ? WHo can really tell him that he cant be a part of clown anymore, therefor i think this is a comunity issue !.

#7: Re: Possible Solution ? Author: Lord_afghan , Location: Gothenburg Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:15 PM
    ----
Yea it will be fun when you get public polls and realize that 76% of the guild wants you out of the guild......not....

A council pirmary job is to DO what the guild wants.

and take shit hard decition when they are called for.....im pretty happy im not in a council...

#8: Possible Solution ? Author: Pagor , Location: Strängnäs Södermanland Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:17 PM
    ----
Yes Afghan BUT still the guild has desided not just the council !

And perhaps there can be a mail voting of some sort (tought about the public thingy also)

#9: Re: Possible Solution ? Author: mapleleaf , Location: hannover Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:26 PM
    ----
i am just going to stay out of it and lvl myself and lithiana

ohh and take the enormous kickings in the TBC instances

maple

#10: Possible Solution ? Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:41 PM
    ----
I think it would be a bad idea. It's in the nature of things like this that some problems have to be dealt with privately, and the decision made by a sub-committee as to whether to punish community members.

That said, the council decision post should contain more explanation for any action taken too. I think in this particular case that wasn't done too well, although I appreciate the difficulty in cases where the alleged bad behaviour took place on a teamspeak server or WoW channel where the words cannot be logged easily.

#11: Possible Solution ? Author: Corny_The_Loonie , Location: Brussel, Belgium Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:46 PM
    ----
Hmmmmm...

Though I know the intentions are good, I have some issues with this solution. Affie expressed it very good in fact (guess he's out of beer).

So I would leave some freedom to the council. What does that mean?

1st Warning of bad behavior reported by other clowns or by council member: INTERNAL (no visibility for us)
2d Warning of sanction if no change (if the member did not listen to warning one): INTERNAL (no visibility for us)
3rd Advice on open board that council is thinking about kicking the member and provide explanation for it => GO PUBLIC. All can then react on this. I would not go for vote as it should then be mandatory and we don't want that. I would just have the word of people defending the "to be excluded" one.

But the Council should be trusted by the CLOWNs, reason why they can act on their own. When something goes wrong and that people don't agree with the council, we can always propose a new vote for council and for a reorganisation. After all change does sometimes provide good things. Nevertheless one should never underestimate the work done by the council Smile

So let's say I partially agree with you.
Last edited by Corny_The_Loonie on Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:47 PM; edited 1 times in total

#12: Possible Solution ? Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:46 PM
    ----
One of the general ideas of a council is to have it do background work, to present ideas, changes and whatnot to the (game specific) members so they can have their say.

This is the innocent intention of a council.

#13: Possible Solution ? Author: Pagor , Location: Strängnäs Södermanland Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:50 PM
    ----
well atleast were talking about a solution now so i think we won a lil victory anyway Smile

Anyway as i said feedback is always good

#14: Possible Solution ? Author: Corny_The_Loonie , Location: Brussel, Belgium Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:52 PM
    ----
Another solution would be that Pagor apply for Council...
[Corny turns around and madly run waving his arms above his head] RUN FOR YER LIVES!!!!

#15: Possible Solution ? Author: Pagor , Location: Strängnäs Södermanland Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 03:58 PM
    ----
lol

Forum IndexClown Hall

1 2
>
Page 1 of 2