I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while)

All Posts

1 2 3
>
Forum IndexClown Hall

#1: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Corny_The_Loonie , Location: Brussel, Belgium Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 02:36 PM
    ----
Hi all,

I decided to take a leave from CLOWN guild, any game mixed. The last evolution of the guild made me feel nervous, sad and lately disgusted. I tend to think about it every day and it really poisons me. I think some of you may have felt that in my messages online.

CLOWN was always for me a group of people having fun together, whatever the game. This is for me no longer the case. The Exalted story clearly stated a tremendous change in the policy of our guild and its member.

Some decided that they would create a new guild that would group all the people they like to play with and that were often playing the game. For me it was already the idea of CLOWN, but ok… Then they put some rules saying that people can get refused, even if they know them for quite some time. Any double “No” means you’re out. So it’s pretty closed. On the other hand, they are free to keep alts in CLOWN and even decide what should happen in the guild they left for the more “real fellows” one. That second part is for me totally wrong. Some will say it is due to the game. For me it has nothing to do with it.

As long as Exalted was a guild presenting a hardcore face of CLOWN, it was fine for me. We were just creating a new CoTH guild, just more CLOWN oriented. It is definitively not the same, and people are excluded form it based on irrelevant argumentation. Should any CLOWN be angry about that, the same people that left the guild for a new one will condemn its action saying “it is not CLOWNish”. Did they think one second about their own action? Was it CLOWN?

In fact what are we talking about on the long term? It’s exactly the same as doing as follow:
I create a new guild called “The good ones”
I send invite in game to the ones that might join it
I open free application but reject anyone I don’t feel like seeing
When the guys staying alone in CLOWN have left the guild, I just rename my own guild CLOWN where all are brothers.

This is what exalted is doing to us at the moment. This is what most probably YOU are doing to ME at the moment. And if I have some friends still in CLOWN, it should soon be over as some are still getting accepted. Soon you’ll have the great privilege to say you successfully isolated your friends from my questionable presence.

I don’t feel like talking to people that don’t think I’m worth their game time. And if the others that said “let him in” just accept the fact that one or two say “no”, they just vote the same way. They just decide to be part of something I can't join.

I despise this and I hate you for making me feel rejected from a group that I’ve known for about 8 years. This has gone way too far lately and I feel I just can’t take any distance with it any longer. I know I will miss a lot of you and I know I will always regret the guild as it was before. But I won’t regret what is here today. So I take my leave for a moment, without knowing if I come back or not. I will unguild all chars, from Circus and CLOWN, avoiding any argument I might start if I continue looking at the low answer rates on Pie or Guild channels (the fact I don't agree with the new policy doesn't mean I should spoil the other's fun). Anyone liking me is more than welcome to add me to his friends list. I’m also always available for help. I will most probably move to another server and continue playing with one of my RL friends. Anyone willing to play in french on Sinstralis is welcome and will get all the help I can give (provided he's horde, otherwise he'll just get my axe between his eyes).

I apologise to those that played with me lately and hope they won't take this too bad. Thank you for the two last days, it was great. The tension I feel now was quite eased in your company.

/Corny out.

Look at the bright side of it, some of our members already feel better with that!
Last edited by Corny_The_Loonie on Mon Jan 22, 2007 02:42 PM; edited 3 time in total

#2: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Lithiana , Location: Copenhagen Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 03:32 PM
    ----
Sorry to see U leave, Corny. But added U to friends list as Corny, will need a pm with Ur alts.

I really admire Ur honesty. And I agree with U on pretty much all U write. I am also very sad with the general mood of clown atm.

I always like it when someone says that they feel left out or in other way strip down and show defeat somehow. It's very tabu to make a statement like Corny's, and I applaud it.

I'm taking a break from this too for a lil while. I might be ingame, slaying dinos in the crater with Maple, and I hope that clown will someday become the guild I fell in love with again.

Thx all for Ur help. It's only the guild issues I need space from.

STUDENT SIGNING OUT
/GirlLith

#3: Re: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Arioch , Location: ENGLAND Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 04:05 PM
    ----
You are already on my friends list Corny Razz

I spend too much time PvPing to have much involvement in any raiding activity, be it Clown, CoTH or Exalted, so a lot of the discontent at the moment goes over my head.

I haven't hunted with many of my Clown friends for a long time, probably because I haven't made much effort to be sociable, what with the endless battlegrounds. For that reason i feel I am guilty of neglecting Clown to a certain extent. Thing is, I get my kicks from the game in my own ways and have always been a bit of a loner which is not so much of a drawback in PvP. That said, I will never refuse a friend who asks for my help or even company on a quest, that goes for any of my friends, whatever guild they're in

#4: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Minimon , Location: Oslo Norway Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 04:29 PM
    ----
Bah... 2 Clown are leaveing Sad Makes me cry Sad Well, I hope you both have a good and fun time. Will add you both to the friend list, bye... Last edited by Minimon on Mon Jan 22, 2007 04:30 PM; edited 1 times in total

#5: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Gloom , Location: Clown Town Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 04:40 PM
    ----
The curse of WoW continues. Why cant we all accept we all want different things out of WoW? The CLOWN community needs to adapt. To WoW and any future game. Call it evolution. Call it refinement.

Why such a drastic move Corny? Are you upset with CLOWN? or Exalted? or the individuals that left for Exalted?

/target Corny
/salute

#6: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Hefaistos , Location: Jotunheim Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 06:31 PM
    ----
Sad

#7: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Adenas , Location: The Tame South Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 07:45 PM
    ----
Sad to see this post.

All I can really say is that Exalted isn't CLOWN. I'm sorry that people have had problems getting groups, but not having been able to play myself for a good while now I can't really say what the reason for this is. Perhaps we just don't have the players at the moment. I know that Exalted players say they always get help, so maybe that *does* have something to do with it, but I wouldn't be able to give an opinion either way.

I think Exalted's application method (basically from what I know, everyone votes, if two people say no the application is scuppered) is stupid. Please don't think the CLOWN community as a whole supports it, although presumably most players in Exulted must do. From what I can see, it's Exalted's loss if they turned you down Corny. It's always a pleasure riding with you.

Unfortunately the way I see it the future of CLOWN in WoW as a unified guild basically hinges on the CLOWNs that are now in Exalted or in other guilds - who from what I can tell unfortunately have absolutely no incentive to come to CLOWN. While there are plans made by lots of people, these plans are not moving fast enough, and people are quite understandably getting upset and leaving. I hope for CLOWN-in-WoW's sake that these plans are decided upon and announced soon, as the suspense is killing me.

For me the great shame of Exalted is, despite their freaky luminous pink CLOWN-like tabard they don't feel like cousins to me. Most of their members are rarely seen on this community site, even ones who I really really respect and miss in game every day. Their guild was never intended to be officially part of the CLOWN community. A lot of our players have joined them, putting more demands on their time even if it doesn't mean they totally exclude CLOWN, and yet others have been turned down often for what seem like rather silly reasons to an outsider (or even worse, for no reasons).

As for you Corny, I hope you come back soon. If not, and things don't get much better, judging by the tiny amount of WoW time I get nowadays I may have to join you in exile. Or, heaven-forbid, join Light in EVE... Razz

Still I'd like to leave it on a positive note. Things are never as bad as they seem, lunies. And no-one likes this situation so it's most likely that things will soon change, and change for the better. I just often wonder who else will be gone before they do Sad

#8: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Pagor , Location: Strängnäs Södermanland Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 07:55 PM
    ----
So many things i want to say here, but the only important thing i going to say is

You WILL be MISSED Corny.

*sighs*

#9: Re: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Hefaistos , Location: Jotunheim Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 08:08 PM
    ----
Pagor wrote:

X2

#10: Re: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: NeXuS , Location: Sollentuna Sweden Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 08:23 PM
    ----
Sorry to see you go Corny hope you find a big fat chicken to kill out there.

If you need help or just want to talk about the evil chicken that are taking over the world just send me a whisper

#11: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Hellsbells , Location: Norway Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 08:42 PM
    ----
/SALUTE Corny
prayer

#12: Re: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Lord_Finnish , Location: Finland Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 09:03 PM
    ----
Gloom wrote:
The curse of WoW continues. Why cant we all accept we all want different things out of WoW? The CLOWN community needs to adapt. To WoW and any future game. Call it evolution. Call it refinement.

Why such a drastic move Corny? Are you upset with CLOWN? or Exalted? or the individuals that left for Exalted?

/target Corny
/salute

That's kind of true but the thing is:

CLOWN is a gaming community. 80% play WoW...

If I hadn't played in WoW and started with CLOWN guild I wouldn't have been here on this site so often. I think I wouldn't have much kept contact at all.

If I really thought WoW is forever gone from my life that would be true too.
That's a fact in my life :).

Without CLOWN I wouldn't even think of starting to play WoW again though...I don't know...

It's a dilemma I say.
In WoW, most fun I had was in the beginning...CLOWNs in Gnomeregan...:P

#13: Re: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Sascharim , Location: Sweden, Göteborg, Kungsladugård Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 04:05 AM
    ----
Hefaistos wrote:
Pagor wrote:

X2

X3

Corny please stay with us, dont leave, i myself where soo close to leaving and start play my lock on Al'Akir but the some of the CLOWNs i couldent leave, you where one of them, let them have Exalted, who cares anymore i dont, we got CLOWN.

You are not alowed to leave btw, please think again Corny, we have had so much fun the last days.

/Sascharim

#14: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: Saevar , Location: Seattle USA Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 07:43 AM
    ----
Corny better not leave the /pie channel or I will fly to Belgium and eat every last pancake. ALL OF THEM! NO MORE PANCAKES!

Think about it Corny! I'm not bluffing!

I don't think you should leave Clown because its really a waste of time as I will end up following you around begging you, humping your leg as a naked gnome until you rejoin anyways, so its really pointless. Very Happy

#15: Re: I take my leave from CLOWN (at least for a while) Author: farwan , Location: Brussels Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:04 PM
    ----
Saevar wrote:
Corny better not leave the /pie channel or I will fly to Belgium and eat every last pancake. ALL OF THEM! NO MORE PANCAKES!

Think about it Corny! I'm not bluffing!

I don't think you should leave Clown because its really a waste of time as I will end up following you around begging you, humping your leg as a naked gnome until you rejoin anyways, so its really pointless. Very Happy

Hmmmm... There are others pie eater in Belgium dood! So... DON T EVEN THINK ABOUT EAT IT ALL BY YOURSELF8 Wink

This being said... I m in exalted with a toon, i didn t see the threat incoming. But i admit that it comes to a turn i really don t like. You know that Corny is a real life friend of mine, so i might be a bit subjective here but to have seen Corny turned away because of two votes based on a feeling coming from a one time raid sounds a little harsh to me. The idea to keep a player unable to play with his friends doesn t sound like clownish at all... As for the way of "two votes negative and you re out", it s not appreciated by anyone, and it s being discussed by many. It s hard to find a fair way to recruit with the aim to have everyone that likes each other and have fun with AND to have everybody with the same level of decision taking. So i think there are tries done and with side effects that are very upsetting. I hope things will be sorted out pretty soon and in a nice way, before i get tired of WOW aswell. Because for me... No more clowns, no more WOW, since the poeple are the only reason i keep playing.

Have fun loonies.

Forum IndexClown Hall

1 2 3
>
Page 1 of 3