Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Password
(Register)
Sun Mar 31, 2024
Event Easter

Mon Apr 01, 2024
Event April Fools Day

Gloom: CLOWN Discord! check out details on CLOWN facebook !
23-Mar-2019 23:28:09
Gloom: https://www.facebo ok.com/groups/clow nguild/
23-Mar-2019 22:31:46
Gloom: Fallout 76 !!!
16-Dec-2018 01:22:10
Lavida: Any Clowns in Lords Mobile?
26-Sep-2018 07:56:39
Romano: Bring In The Clowns!!!
03-Sep-2018 21:37:47
Gloom: Rock ya
06-Aug-2018 16:45:24
Lavida: Hallo everyone long time no see ..
21-Jul-2018 06:15:33
cleo: Damn I miss you all.
16-Jun-2018 03:05:27
cleo: Ah they live!!
16-Jun-2018 03:03:00
Gloom: Here! Very Happy
09-Jun-2018 15:55:06
Shout History
Only Registered Users can Shout
Create/Login
Circus Forums › CLOWN › Clown Hall › Thoughts about leaving this guild....
Thoughts about leaving this guild....
General CLOWN Forum. Talk about anything regarding CLOWN and anything else.
<
1 2 3 4
>
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rune
The Rune
The Rune

Rune

CLOWN

Post Post subject: Thoughts about leaving this guild....
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 01:16 PM

Ofc it's a little colder with loads of new folks. And crowded places will never be intimate and cosy like clown was when there were only a few folks online. So those days are, I'm sorry to say to those who thought differently, gone, as long as we are building our numbers and bringing new faces weekly.

So please have a little patience and let things settle.

And also.. we have folks struggling to get to 70.. Lithiana, Aleksander, Hells plus many more. My guess is that all these would love a helping hand as well. Help goes both ways remember.. So if you don't get a group to help yourselves try to get a group so you can help others.
Like I did with Lithiana and Rudra here the other day. We cleared Mana tombs with ease! And had a great time doing it! Smile

And use the things that can be used to get groups.. forums and groupcalendar and if those things don't work, then spam guildchat! Smile Works for me every time! Very Happy

I think that Light needs to come to the court soon though.. Time to step up and take your responsibility serious. Because things are clearly not 100% in the casual section atm.

So stay and have fun. There really is no better option out there anyhow Smile

---
Aoc: Wood - 80 Barbarian - Wolcom - 80 Demonologist - Vincenta - 80 Priest of Mitra
Wow: Woodhead - 70 rogue - Tinka - 70 druid - Woodster - 70 Shaman (All retired)

Last edited by Rune on Mon May 07, 2007 01:36 PM; edited 1 times in total
Trikae
The Mighty
The Mighty

Trikae

CLOWN
Supporter

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 01:24 PM

And all peps are't like vargas - who plan all every time in detail's..

I'm not.. thats why I don't have done any Heroic instant yet, whit Levina.
Thats why Vinslövjon more or less have't done ANY instant before he reached lvl 70.

I have argument a lot about it, and I can't stand the object any more.. so I'm in the shadows catch the help request and helping others (when I can), and at the same time my litle hunter got some intsant run's...

Standing in the shadows ain't funny.. but I'm calm! Razz

Michael (aka Levina WoW)
Alessi
The Lethal
The Lethal

Alessi

CLOWN

Post Post subject: Re: Thoughts about leaving this guild....
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 01:27 PM

Well I'm glad to know that getting a group works for some, but as we can see from this tread- some says that they haven't been good at helping others and others say that they have difficulties with getting a group, so let's face it...there are some problems with helping eachother....

And I for one would love to help people reach 70, but I haven't seen the requests to group.....as I mentioned in my first post, I've only seen the ones asking for help in heroic instances- but plz ask me ingame for help to reach 70, I'll help! Razz

redbilly
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

redbilly

Student of CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 01:40 PM

Sadly, Alessi is right guild chat is like a ghost chanel even when people are not raiding. Personaly I have given up asking for groups in guild chat as no answer from 15-30 people really just makes me want to log off, but again it depends who you are some ask for an istance run and you could get knocked down in the rush. Also some of the raiders have made it obvious that "they don't get out of bed for anything less than such and such an instance" Which is fine but statements like that don't help in guild chat, If you don't want to help guys best say nothing rather than "I am to good to be entering those kind of instances" So I have found it easier to not bother asking or offering which kinda defeats why we are in a guild and kinda makes playing Wow not so great.

Some Questions-
So when exactly does the casual arm of CLOWN start, remind me again who the casual sections leader is again? Who are the casual CLOWNS who want to raid? Why are there two question 8's? Why does toast always land butter side down?

I will carry on levelling my shaman which is great fun. My main character is being used to re-gank gankers when my shaman gets hit in STV.
Alessi Hun I for one will be very sad if you decide to leave.

CLOWN TOWN (waypoint -735 -486) Dantooine
Alessi
The Lethal
The Lethal

Alessi

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 01:47 PM

Thx alot Billy- that means alot comming from you Yar good

Yes....I also noticed that comment ingame yesterday and thought it was a bit inapropriate(spelling).......but hey...

I think we have more than enough comments in this thread that shows we have some unhappy fellow members and I for one think it's sad and hope that we can help eachother to get back the fun with gaming instead of leaving Very Happy

Rune
The Rune
The Rune

Rune

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 02:18 PM

But for the benefit of the community I must say that for the future, topics like this are best addressed to the person in charge. So that he can take the appropriate actions.

This is indeed a big party pooper now that clown finally is having success raidwise. Sure it's sad that you feel that way, Alessi, but things will be ok.
Bad wibes seldom do any good to anybody..

Keep in mind that the major majority in clown now are having a supergreat time playing and things will only get better from here on.

Grinding will though take time from many, but most of all will playing with the ones you like the most to play with take most time. Just like it's supposed to be.. after all we pay to play this silly game and nobody shall tell others who they shall play with and that they don't help enough. For sure not in clown at least, as most here are "born helpers".. And no, Alessi, I am not saying that that is what you are saying, but something we all should keep in mind and not take offense off.

And btw! I DON'T GET OUT OF BED FOR LESS THAN DEADMINES!

(noticed it too Wink )

And thats it from me on this matter.

err.. one more thing..
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..

---
Aoc: Wood - 80 Barbarian - Wolcom - 80 Demonologist - Vincenta - 80 Priest of Mitra
Wow: Woodhead - 70 rogue - Tinka - 70 druid - Woodster - 70 Shaman (All retired)
redbilly
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

redbilly

Student of CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 02:36 PM

Woodhead wrote:

Keep in mind that the major majority in clown now are having a supergreat time playing and things will only get better from here on.

WHOOPDI DO WOOD, ALL THOSE HAVING A SUPER GREAT TIME ARE THE ONES DOING WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WHICH IS RAID AND I THINK I CAN SPEAK FOR BOTH ALESSI AND MYSELF WHEN I SAY WE BOTH WANTED TO BE IN THE RAID TEAM AND BOTH REJECTED FOR WHATEVER REASONS AND THE CHANCE TO IMPROVE ARE SKILLS, GEAR IS HARD WHEN ALL YOU HEAR IS "DO HEROIC DO HEROIC" HOW THE FECK DO WE DO HEROIC WHEN WE CANT GET A GROUP WITH THE PEOPLE WE LIKE PLAYING WITH WHICH WILL ALLOW US TO GET REP AND GET KEYS.
LETS BE HONEST HERE AND MAYBE SAY THINGS THAT WILL HURT PEOPLES FEELING SOME OF YOUR RAIDING BUDDIES HAVE THERE HEADS STUCK UP THERE OWN REAR END AND THINK THEY ARE TO GOOD TO GROUP WITH US LOW LIVES. FOR CHRISTS SAKE YOUR SECOND DRUID IS NOT ATTUNED TO KARA AND BY LOOKING AT LAST WEEKS POST SEEMS UNLIKLY TO BE ANYTIME BEFORE CHRISTMAS. WHY? BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A TOSS YOUR IN THE RAID TEAM AND SOD EVERYONE ELSE. YOU REPLY THAT THE MAJORITY ARE HAVING A SUPER GREAT TIME IS CRASS AND INSULTING TO ALL THOSE WRITING HERE WHO ARE NOT HAVING A SUPER GREAT TIME.

Last edited by redbilly on Mon May 07, 2007 02:37 PM; edited 1 times in total
Sascharim
The Reckless
The Reckless

Sascharim

CLOWN
Supporter

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 02:57 PM

i could have been to all the CLOWN PuGs there is, but then i would be stuck with no money and not regs for the raids, the last 3 days i have been farming for Primals, Cloth, Herbs, Food and money to get me through Karazhan

and i guess thats what i will be doing the days i dont raid

Hate Grinding, Love Raiding

Haegl
The Caustic
The Caustic

Haegl

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 02:59 PM

Mags.

Calm down.

There is no place for caps mate.

We have offered you SHED loads of help. Serious amounts, put you just seem to prefer to rant.

I don't understand you...you have had the most offers of help but you don't seem to want to accept them.

All that you seem to be doing is pushing people further and further away so that come the time you DO decide to take advantage of the offers, they will be gone.

Like I say...I just don't understand.

redbilly
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

redbilly

Student of CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 03:00 PM

Sascharim wrote:
i could have been to all the CLOWN PuGs there is, but then i would be stuck with no money and not regs for the raids, the last 3 days i have been farming for Primals, Cloth, Herbs, Food and money to get me through Karazhan

and i guess thats what i will be doing the days i dont raid

Hate Grinding, Love Raiding

WOOT.....HONESTY, TOTALLY RESPECT YOU MATE FOR SAYING THAT AND ITS TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE

redbilly
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

redbilly

Student of CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 03:11 PM

Haegl wrote:
Mags.

Calm down.

There is no place for caps mate.

We have offered you SHED loads of help. Serious amounts, put you just seem to prefer to rant.

I don't understand you...you have had the most offers of help but you don't seem to want to accept them.

All that you seem to be doing is pushing people further and further away so that come the time you DO decide to take advantage of the offers, they will be gone.

Like I say...I just don't understand.

Haegl,
OK explain to me what I have to do I come on with Mags and ask "anyone want to do an instance"..........Silence I get frustrated I log out and log another toon then in guild chat a raid team member says "anyone want to do an instance" and he is swamped with offers
This has happend twice in the last week and you were in game on one of those occasions. I have offered to respec to healer but it has been ignored so I have given up with getting into the raid I want to stay in CLOWN so I will plod on levelling my shaman and with the help of friends will get to 70.

Haegl
The Caustic
The Caustic

Haegl

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 03:25 PM

OK, for the benefit of an illustration, I will paste my raid feedback to you here.

Mags,

Thanks for the PM.

First thing I would like to reassure you about if possible, is that you are right...I am a grumpy old bastard. And the second thing is that ALL of my decisions are taken with the good of the raid team as a whole in mind.

Let me give you an example. Varg is probably one of my closest friends in game. Excellent healer; highly intuitive, ability to predict where damage will land due to knowing how aggro flows around the group, and a good use of mods to support him.

However, I told him that he didnt have a place in the raid team as a shadow priest. Nothing to do with whether we need SPs or not (cos we surely do) but more to do with the fact that he couldn't reliably produce 20% of the raid's damage. Yes, he had improved by playing shadow for a couple of weeks, but it wasn't anywhere near enough for me to justify him taking someone else's slot who COULD generate that damage.

OK. Now back to you. The first thing I would ask is what do you enjoy doing most on your druid? Perhaps that is the role that you should initially focus on in terms of skills and gear. If it's tanking then there are several things that we can do. And if its healing, again, there are several things that we can do.

In the case of tanking, you can focus on doing normal level groups of one particluar faction. This will give you the rep you need to then be able to do a heroic. The one I would recommend would either be Honour Hold or the Tempest Keep ones. Both of these come with a need to be able to tank more than one mob at a time, which is an essential skill. There are several posts on the class boards on Blizzard Europe and US that make interesting reading on this. Give them a look and compare them to your playstyle now...see if there is something that you can incorporate into it.

Next step. Practice. But NOT with people like Fez or me on Sorrow in the group...it's a bastard to keep aggro for anyone in that sort of scenario.

Instead, go with alts, or some of the pre-70 clowns who will give you a fighting chance of being able to build your skills.

Key tasks for the feral would be:

Ability to tank multiple mobs WHILE MAINTAINING crowd control from other classes (e.g. not using swipe and popping the sheep/seduce/hibernate).

Ability to instantaneously draw aggro from the healer.

Ability to reduce healing burden on healer section. Things like the form swapping, wild regeneration, use of shouts to reduce mob damage etc.

If you can do these two you are well on the way to getting a full grip of your class.

Things you can do outside of instances would include duoing with a caster. I took Tink down to the elite ogre area outside Gruul's lair and spent two hours with him trying to maintain aggro/pull aggro off me/manage CC'd mobs just so he had practice. I would be more than happy to do this with you to help you get your eye in.

As regards leaving Clown, that is always an option, but I wouldn't see it as a preferred option for anyone. It would be far better to work on getting your skills up and getting the satisfaction of knowing that you are doing a good job.

The art at the start is knowing what job you want to do though. Resto, Balance, Feral or hybrid.

Work out what you want to do, and then we can work out how to help you get there, and then get into the raid team.

Hope this helps. Just shout if you want to chew through it as we can always link up on TS and go through it real time rather than in text.

My end objective is to strenthen the raid team. We would be considerably augmented if we can get you to a point where you are the regular Off Tank for someone like Hefaistos and are the base tank section of the second or third weekly Kara teams. It will just take a bit of time and effort to get you there; it just seems like a lot at first, although in retrospect it won't seem much at all.

As you can see, it's up to YOU to decide what role you want.

If you want to re-spec to healer, then by all means do so. Once again, you will have a period of review if you want to go for the raid team, but in the role of a healer rather than a tank.

My advice on grouping is the same as Alessi...post it up, and give warning.

Rune
The Rune
The Rune

Rune

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 03:43 PM

redbilly wrote:
Woodhead wrote:

WHOOPDI DO WOOD, ALL THOSE HAVING A SUPER GREAT TIME ARE THE ONES DOING WHAT THEY WANT TO DO WHICH IS RAID AND I THINK I CAN SPEAK FOR BOTH ALESSI AND MYSELF WHEN I SAY WE BOTH WANTED TO BE IN THE RAID TEAM AND BOTH REJECTED FOR WHATEVER REASONS AND THE CHANCE TO IMPROVE ARE SKILLS, GEAR IS HARD WHEN ALL YOU HEAR IS "DO HEROIC DO HEROIC" HOW THE FECK DO WE DO HEROIC WHEN WE CANT GET A GROUP WITH THE PEOPLE WE LIKE PLAYING WITH WHICH WILL ALLOW US TO GET REP AND GET KEYS.
LETS BE HONEST HERE AND MAYBE SAY THINGS THAT WILL HURT PEOPLES FEELING SOME OF YOUR RAIDING BUDDIES HAVE THERE HEADS STUCK UP THERE OWN REAR END AND THINK THEY ARE TO GOOD TO GROUP WITH US LOW LIVES. FOR CHRISTS SAKE YOUR SECOND DRUID IS NOT ATTUNED TO KARA AND BY LOOKING AT LAST WEEKS POST SEEMS UNLIKLY TO BE ANYTIME BEFORE CHRISTMAS. WHY? BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A TOSS YOUR IN THE RAID TEAM AND SOD EVERYONE ELSE. YOU REPLY THAT THE MAJORITY ARE HAVING A SUPER GREAT TIME IS CRASS AND INSULTING TO ALL THOSE WRITING HERE WHO ARE NOT HAVING A SUPER GREAT TIME.

HOLLY MOLLY! Caps stuck?? Shout elswhere, mate..

Talking about our second druid.. posting raids on raid days is generally not a smart idea it seems, as we in the raidingteam are the only ones who are supposed to help. Yeah, I said it..
So if he tries to get groups on other days he should be ok. Many of us have spent the last gaming days before the raid sections start to gather up on herbs etc. which leaves little time for helping others.

Insulting?? Is it insulting to say that the majority in clown are having a great time? Wake up and smell the roses, mate.. not the toilet.. The point was not to spread bad wibes now that clown is on it's way up. Posts like you do there, mags, help in what way??

What have you guys out of the raiding team done to improve your situation ? If you answer "nothing" you have no sympathy whatsoever from my side, mags.. And logging in and asking once in guildchat for a group does not qualify. The casual section have been up and running for almost three weeks now and I have yet to see a constructive post in here. Actually the first post I see in this matter is this one, where Alessi is thinking about leaving. Not constructive at all this one either imo. At least the name of the thread..

So get your act together and start to cooperate amongst the casual section as well. And do not lay it all out on Light, he is in charge yes, but damn.. you are grown ups! It is allowed to take initiative! Just like Ulf did.

---
redbilly
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

redbilly

Student of CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 04:45 PM

Firstly

Woodie, Sorry about the caps was teo thirds through it when I spotted caps lock was on I tend not to look at the screen when typing.

Secondly

Woodie, The casual section has a leader or am I wrong was he not elected to kick things off such as find out who want to raid who is not in the raid section. What is the point posting here when we have no clue who are casual members because as you and others have said when your not raiding your gathering herbs etc etc which is totally understandable.So having raid section members sign for casual raids is not to be expected. That is also understandable.What is annoying is that asking if anyone wants to do an instance gets SILENCE unless you are a raid team member and then a raid is set up in minutes. Its great that CLOWN are raiding seriously and it seems to be going really well. But us who Sorrowful deems not good enough have no way of getting better with no raiding and thats how it is now if your not in the raid team.

Thirdly,

Haegl, Nobody is saying you have not offered to help but words in a PM will never make me or others any better. I have asked for help a couple of times and I will not get into the situation of begging for help so I have given up any ideas of joining a CLOWN raid group no matter how good I get.
So these are my last words regarding your raid team. I am now more than happy to be a member of the CLOWN community.

Lastly,

If my rant earlier upset anyone I apologies.

Alessi
The Lethal
The Lethal

Alessi

CLOWN

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 04:51 PM

[quote="Woodhead"]But for the benefit of the community I must say that for the future, topics like this are best addressed to the person in charge. So that he can take the appropriate actions.

This was a whole post Wood with alot of things in it....it was not adressed to the casual guildmaster, only a few things.......

This is indeed a big party pooper now that clown finally is having success raidwise. Sure it's sad that you feel that way, Alessi, but things will be ok.
Bad wibes seldom do any good to anybody..

I'm very sorry Wood that you see my post as a party pooper, but I'm not the only one who feels that way as you can see. I don't think it's right to just quiet things down, when people feels bad.....

This thread is a very way of showing you and other people that not EVERYBODY are having a supergreat time playing at the moment, and it must be our goal to make sure that as close to everybody are having a great time, isn't it?!

Grinding will though take time from many, but most of all will playing with the ones you like the most to play with take most time. Just like it's supposed to be.. after all we pay to play this silly game and nobody shall tell others who they shall play with and that they don't help enough. For sure not in clown at least, as most here are "born helpers".. And no, Alessi, I am not saying that that is what you are saying, but something we all should keep in mind and not take offense off.

Yes.....we are all paying to play and that's why it's important that we all have a good time doing it, right?

Wood: NOBODY is telling others what to do with their gametime, but back in time CLOWN has always been a helpfull and funny guild, even before WOW.......

Last edited by Alessi on Mon May 07, 2007 04:54 PM; edited 2 time in total
<
1 2 3 4
>